Treat Hair and Scalp Problems with ScalpCheck
If you suffer from dandruff, excessive scalp itch, oily hair, or hair loss and hair thinning, you’re not alone. Most people experience some degree of these hair and scalp problems. If you’ve attempted to self-diagnose and treat your own hair and scalp problems to no avail, use ScalpCheck to finally put them behind you.
What is ScalpCheck?
ScalpCheck is an in-depth analysis of your scalp and hair to identify underlying causes of your hair and scalp problems. We use Cesare Ragazzi’s proprietary software, TricoTest; along with non-invasive, non-surgical medical appliances and four different camera magnifications to sense and view hydration and oil levels in the skin and hair. Once we identify your condition, we design a customized treatment plan to get and keep your hair and scalp healthy.
Who Benefits from ScalpCheck?
Just like you care for your skin to prevent blemishes and signs of aging, ScalpCheck lets you take preventative action before a hair or scalp problem arises. ScalpCheck is ideal for anyone suffering from a hair and scalp condition, and those who are looking to prevent an issue before it occurs.
ScalpCheck is designed to benefit individuals affected by:
- Excessive hair shedding and hair loss
- Dermatitis and/or eczema
- Scalp itch and/or dandruff
- Oily scalp and hair
- Hereditary hair thinning
- Pre- and post-menopausal hair thinning
- Pre- and post-pregnancy hair thinning
- Stress or trauma-related hair thinning
- Distressed, damaged, weak hair
What Is the ScalpCheck Process?
During your initial 90-minute appointment, one of our certified Trichologists will guide you through the four steps of ScalpCheck:
1. We start by getting a better understanding of your history, the problems you’re experiencing, and what you hope to accomplish. Some questions we ask during this first step include the severity of your hair condition and how it affects your daily life.
2. Next, we use three specialized non-surgical, non-invasive medical appliances to evaluate your scalp’s levels of oil, hydration, and pH:
•The Sebumeter probe determines the sebum level in your scalp and hair.
•The Corneometer measures the amount of hydration in your scalp; even slight changes in the hydration level are detected.
•The Skin pH Meter evaluates your scalp’s pH level.
We evaluate these areas to gauge the health of your scalp, including factors such as excess oil or dehydration that contribute to hair loss and/or other hair and scalp problems requiring correction.
3. We then perform a physical evaluation of your scalp to check for pliability, or the amount of movement your scalp has, to better determine if conditions are optimal for normal hair growth cycle. We check your scalp for redness, dandruff, and itch, and we measure levels of shedding, hair elasticity, and porosity.
4. Finally, a specialized video scope with three different lens magnifications allows our certified trichologist and you view your scalp on a large screen to further identify problems and create a benchmark to reference after treatment begins. These lenses include:
- 200x Magnification: This view allows us to walk around on the scalp at the surface layer to see and evaluate levels of oil, hydration, and dandruff not seen by the naked eye.
- 50x Magnification: We look at the hair level to examine the health of your hair: if it is going through miniaturization, if the density levels of the hairs are in a balanced state, and if the hairs per square inch are in a normal, healthy range.
- Blue Light Lens: This view, with similar properties to a black light, illuminates parts of the scalp in different tones, revealing different types of oils and dandruff that may be present on the scalp.
What Happens Next?
Following these steps, we take your feedback, information from the TricoTest software, and the expertise of our certified trichologist to develop a customized treatment protocol that’s best for you. Our interchangeable products allow us to treat multiple problems at the same time:
Sebum Regulating: Decrease the overproduction of oil on the scalp while also decreasing the bacteria that contributes to oily dandruff.
Anti-Dandruff & Moisturizing: Increase and retain balanced moisture on the scalp while decreasing the bacteria that contributes to dry dandruff.
Hair Loss Prevention: Bring hair loss into a normal, healthy range, intensify hair production, and increase the hair quality and thickness.
At the end of your appointment, you receive a treatment protocol that includes a combination of in-center and at-home scalp treatments. You’ll return to our center after a 2-to-3-month period so we can reassess your condition and determine any further courses of action.
Is it finally time to put the itch, dandruff and thinning hair behind you? Are you ready to have truly strong, healthy, and beautiful hair? Schedule your ScalpCheck.