Whether you are in need of a light, fresh treat or you are hosting a group of people, this recipe is perfect for these hot summer days!
Lemon and Orange Granitas
• 6 large lemons or 4 medium oranges
• Sugar/honey to taste
• 4 cups water
• 2-4 drops Lemon or Wild Orange essential oil
- Clean and cut your piece of fruit. Horizontally cut off the top quarter as well as a thin bevel off the bottom so it can sit upright.
- Remove and save the flesh and juice. Stand the skins on a plate or cookie sheet and freeze until solid.
- Combine the scooped out flesh and juice with your essential oil in a food processor or blender. Pulse until it’s mostly pureed. Press mixture through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Stir in water and add sugar or honey to taste. Pour mixture into large roasting pan or baking dish. Make sure it’s large enough so that the liquid isn’t more than one-inch deep.
- Freeze for 1-3 hours. Remove mixture every hour and scrape with fork to break up ice.
- Once the granita is frozen, rake until glittery. Scoop into frozen lemon or orange shells and serve. Enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for a backyard bash or any summertime party and will help you live long, live well, and live beautiful!
For some additional healthy hair recipes and tips click here or visit my other Health and Wellness tips!
Remember…Beauty Begins Within