Doing laundry may not always be the most exciting way to spend your time, but it is a task everyone has to face on a weekly or perhaps even daily basis. You can enhance your laundry routine with the cleansing power of essential oils along with a few of these handy tips.
- Delicates, sweaters, and cotton T-shirts should be turned inside out to prevent pilling.
- When drying pillows, add a tennis ball or two to the dryer to prevent matting.
- Add 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 4-6 drops of Melaleuca essential oil to the wash cycle to naturally brighten your whites.
- Before putting socks in the washing machine, attach pairs together using a lingerie bag, safety pins, or sock clips. When you fold laundry, place any unmatchable socks into a “missing sock drawer” or create a lost sock board.
- Throw a dry towel into your dryer with your wet laundry to save time and energy.
DIY FABRIC SOFTNER
- 1 – 64 ounce bag of Epson salt
- 40 drops Lavender essential oil
- 30 drops Malaleuca essential oil
- 20 drops Lemon essential oil
Pour Epsom salt into a large glass or stainless steel bowl. Add essential oils and stir well to combine. Store in a glass jar. Use 1/2 cup for medium to large loads in the wash cycle at any temperature and 1/4 cup for small loads.
DIY BlEACH FOR CLEANING
- 2 cups hydrogen peroxide (3% solution)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice OR 1/2 teaspoon citric acid
- 2 cups water
- 1o drops Lemon essential oil
Store in dark or covered bottles, as exposure to light will weaken the solution. Lasts up to 1 month in a clear bottle, 2-3 months in a dark bottle.
Remember…Beauty Begins Within