Living a healthy life begins with eating the right vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Marisa Dicenso-Pelser, founder and trainer at Pure Health and Fitness, believes in the benefits of peppermint, even in a tasty treat! She also shared one of her favorite recipes with us that allows you to achieve the benefits from this natural essential oil!
Peppermint oil comprises vitamins A (great for a healthy scalp) and C, omega-3 fatty acids, and minerals including potassium, manganese, iron, magnesium, calcium, and copper.
There are numerous ways to use peppermint for health:
- Add a few drops to water to ease indigestion
- Diffuse it in the air or rub it on your chest for healthy respiratory function and clear breathing
- Rub it on your neck for neck tension or a small dab on your temples to help relieve pressure and boost energy
- Apply it topically or in your bath tub for muscle aches or discomfort
- Eat it! check out this recipe below…
3 cups Walnuts (unsoaked)
1 cup Dates (unsoaked, pitted)
½ cup Cocoa Powder
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp. Water (for a moister brownie)
8-10 drops of Peppermint essential oil
pinch of Sea Salt
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and mix until dough like texture.
- Spread in a square pan.
Note: If you want a nut brownie, only make the mix with 1 cup of walnuts. Then take the 1/2 cup and chop in pieces and add it by hand to the blended mixture before you spread it out in the pan.
Remember…Beauty Begins Within
Marisa Dicenso-Pelser – Marisa is one of the Founders and Head Trainers for Pure Health and Fitness. Marisa is a Raw Foods Chef, Personal Trainer, and Nationally Qualified Figure Competitor. Along with her husband, Pieter, they are spreading the word of the importance of plant-based raw food nutrition as well as fitness throughout Northeast Ohio.